Iron Pipe and fitting components are widely used in plumbing systems to join tubing sections and straight pipes to adapt to varied shapes and sizes. Sometimes, they may also be used to control or measure fluid flow.
While plumbing is more often used for facilitating conveyance of gas, liquid or water in domestic environments, pipe and fitting are more related to the high-performance conveyance of liquids in special applications.
Pipe fitting materials
There is an entire gamut of materials used for manufacturing pipe and fitting components. The one that you choose depends on the purpose of your fitting. Normally materials used for manufacturing pipe and fitting include:
• Carbon steel
• Stainless steel
• Low-temperature service carbon steel
• Malleable iron
• Alloy steel
• Other material items, such as tempered glass, PVC, ABS, GRE, HDPE etc.
• Non-ferrous metals, such as cupro-nickel, Incoloy, Inconel etc.
Usually, the body of pipe and fittings is the same as the material of pipe to be connected, such as steel, copper, PVC, CPVC, ABS etc. Therefore, any material that you choose should be compatible with the rest of the entire system, the fluid to be transported, and the pressure and temperature both inside and out. Earthquake resistance, fire hazards, and other such factors can also be critical for the selection of your pipe fitting materials.
Types of pipe fitting components
Some of the pipe fitting components commonly used in piping and plumbing systems include:
• Elbow- Installed between two pipe or tubes to allow change of direction
• Coupling- Used for connecting two pipes, to extend the length of a pipe
• Union- Similar to coupling, it is used to allow the convenience and quick disconnection of pipes for fixture replacement or maintenance purposes
• Reducer- Used for shifting pipe size to meet flow necessities of a system, or to adjust to an existing pipe of different size
• Olet- Used whenever a branch connection is needed in size, but reducing Tee is not available.
• Tee- Used to split or combine the flow of a fluid, commonly available with all solvent weld sockets, opposed solvent weld sockets, side outlets and female thread sockets
• Cap- Generally gas or liquid-tight, used for lid the end of pipes
• Plug- Used to close off a pipe's end. Similar to the cap, but it is fitted inside the fitting
• Nipple- A small remnant of pipe used to attach two other fittings, such as hoses, pipes and funnels
• Barb- Used to attach a flexible hose to a pipe
• Valve- Used for stopping or regulating the flow of liquid, condensate, gas, slurry, stem etc. in its path.
Before going for the pipe fitting for your new home or any kind of repair work in the existing piping system you need to select good quality iron pipe fitting supplier like Malleable & Galvanized Iron Pipe Fittings Supplier. Below are some qualities of an iron pipe fitting supplier.
• Supply with no middle man, we can get a bottom price in the equal quality lever.
• Provides the new products development
• Shorter & fast delivery time
• Must supply qualified products from us with ISO9001-2015, ISO14001-2015, CE & KC Certificates.
• No limit about quantities for their normal items.
• We can get free samples before the formal order.